I picked up a bottle of Mod Podge Outdoor (green jar) over a year ago, I have been using it as a sealer and experimenting with it sense. I am sharing my findings of this stuff with you.
As a sealer on ponies it has a light gloss. Not recommended to for use on G4 ponies bodies because it remains sticky. On G4 heads its just fine. Because it is a light gloss dust does stick to it, but you can gently wipe off the dust with a soft damp cloth.
I picked it up thinking that because this was an outdoor formula I thought it would be able to handle humidity and not turn white as regular Mod Podge does in more humid environments. But my findings are inconclusive. I live in Utah where the air is extremely dry year round so I had to get creative with this. I mailed a pony I sealed with Mod Podge Outdoor to a friend who lives in a humid area. I checked in on the pony throughout their worst humid time of the year. They said the pony sealing, both diluted and undiluted applications, were doing fine with the humidity. I placed another test pony in humid conditions at home. I do want to note that I let Pod Modge cure on this test pony for two weeks. All I managed to get from it was mold. I could not get regular Mod Podge or the outdoor formula to turn white. I even weighed the pony down and soaked her in water overnight and still got no results. Sorry guys, maybe someone else will get better results on there own time.
I did discover something fun you can do with this stuff. I am pointing out with this picture how thick this stuff is.
(sorry for the size Photobucket is having some technicle difficulties.)
Even when it dries in small amounts it keeps its shape. So I did some raised painting with it.
First I painted guides of my design first. There is a stallion version of G1 MGR Sparkler in this picture. I have not started the raised painting here yet.
Then I watered down some Mod Podge Outdoor. Not completely runny but still thick. I painted it on layer by layer, letting each layer dry clear, until I got the thickness and shape I wanted. Then I painted over the raised design. The results are fabulous!
Because it dries clear I had a little more fun. The one in the middle is my Aqua Mare. All the fish are done with this raised painting. But I add bubbles made from Mod Podge Outdoor. The raised fish on her rump are completely encased in a bubble, other fish are partially inside bubbles. I did soak her in some water and her bubbles did start to cloudy. I fixed that problem by coating the bubbles with Americana DuraClear Polyurethane Gloss Varnish.