My Little Pony Trading Post  
Go Back   My Little Pony Trading Post > Off Topic Discussion > Friends Discussion
Forums Tutorials Social Groups Site Gallery Member Albums
Friends Discussion This board is for Off Topic (Non-MLP) general discussion. Post your messages here concerning personal news, announcements, opinions, or just have a friendly chat with members..

Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Daring Dutch Pony

Gallery: 0
What to get a Guy For VDay?

Okay i just got a new BF like a week ago and he just the biggest sweetheart.

So what should i get him for Valentines?
He said don't get him anything if i didn't want too but come one i want to get him a little something, and Men are so hard to shop for!

I'd appreciate suggestions Please!

Me as my Monster High OC surrounded by samples of my other collections.
Sunnie Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diva Pony

well, my boyfriend is sooo easy to shop for so I don't know if this will help.
but he actually loves candy so of course I'll be getting him his favorites. I'm also planning on making him brownies and some homemade pizza calzones (Italian Sausage Lasagna Stuffed Pizza… | Picky Palate) and some bourbon chicken...
I'm also making him this homemade popup card (Simple pop-ups you can make! he likes crabs so I will use this and make it hold a heart or something) as a Valentine instead of buying one for him, here are a bunch you can choose from: RobertSabuda.com: Simple Pop-Ups You Can Make!
other ideasss:
you can get a picture frame with the two of you in it, I know you said you just got him like a week ago, so if you two don't have any pics together yet (or even if you only have a few) you can get him a disposable camera so the two of you can have pics with each other to fill the frame
uhmm... that's all I got for now.

Thanks to Pop Girl (av!)
divas=<3

Pony Soaps!

Last edited by thebeth; 02-11-2010 at 12:12 AM..
thebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vintage Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie Bunny View Post
Okay i just got a new BF like a week ago and he just the biggest sweetheart.

So what should i get him for Valentines?
He said don't get him anything if i didn't want too but come one i want to get him a little something, and Men are so hard to shop for!

I'd appreciate suggestions Please!

Does he like dvds? is there a dvd he wants? If nothing else take him out dinner at a place he likes to eat. A gift card to his favorite store? You just go together so it might be a challenge seeing you don't know that much about another yet.
Gummypony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Beachball

Gallery:
*nerd alert*

"How about a bottle of heart-shaped shaving lotion?" From Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown

*flees*
Old 02-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Festive FelizNavidad Pony

Gallery: 1
I recommend baking/cooking something! Men love food and I'm a firm believer that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If you need any food suggestions feel free to send me a PM!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
PERKELE!

Gallery: 8
Some good lovin' ....that's what I'm hoping for anyways. :love:

Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
We are Family Sets

I recommend something small I mean you've only been together for about a week. The guy I'm seeing I'm getting him something small just a picture of he and I together in a frame for him to put on his workdesk and a card. Small simple and it does the job.
Thanks Dava for the Avatar!
SwiftStar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flat Foot Peachy

Oh yeah, never underestimate the power of food

I hate to say it out loud, but there's nothing like a good home cooked meal. It reminds them of their mom (even if mom liked to burn and over cook things). And boys... errr, I mean "men" certainly won't turn down an excellent meal. And if he's been on his own for awhile and used to eating "canned" or "instant" meals, the love you show in making it from scratch sure isn't wasted. Guys definitely notice things like that. When they can smell it once they walk up to the front door, you got em. It's like a bear to honey after that.

Just nudge him to see what he likes and expand on after that. For instance, I love chicken, and spicy to boot. If you make a curry chicken or Pud Thai chicken... Mmmmmm. However, I don't eat pork (despite it smelling mighty tasty, I don't for religious purposes). I might eat it out of politeness and to not waste food, but it wouldn't have the same effect as what chicken would do. Oh, and don't think guys don't dig chocolate desserts either. If you make something extra chocolaty and ooey, gooey fudge in it.... Yum, yum. Just make sure he doesn't have any food allergies. I heard the strangest thing a few months ago of a woman that was allergic to chocolate... I didn't think a thing like that could happen in life... ???

I wish you luck and if pressed to explain why I let men secrets out, I will deny everything and question who I am...
Nightmare_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Amazingly colored Argie

I think the baking idea is a good one, with a nice card. Or if all else fails, a nice box of chocolates always goes down well!

Last year I baked my bf heart shaped sugar cookies and got some of that writing frosting and wrote cute stuff all over them in red.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Daring Dutch Pony

Thanks for all the great ideas,
one small problem...
I CAN'T COOK!
LMAO

We are going to the mall tonight so i'll see what he likes and make him leave and meet up with him so i can buy it lol
But You Guys have been awesome
Thank You!
oh he has the picture thing already for me or something like that
s

PS

Yes Men, Boy, oh i mean puppies
need to be trained

They hate hearing it but its true
we'll at least my new bf doesnt reject to that comment lol

Me as my Monster High OC surrounded by samples of my other collections.
Sunnie Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote