As you know, we do not condone the posting of live auction links here at the MLPTP. It can be unfair to those already watching or bidding on those items. But sometimes, someone has a question about an item currently for auction that requires the know-how and input of other collectors. Here is how you can provide the image without posting the auction link itself, and without uploading it anywhere else first.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a rather advanced tutorial. If it's too complicated, be sure to
take a look at the Photobucket and TP uploading Tutorial instead.
How to Post Pictures from Live Auctions Without Posting Links
1) Go to the page of the auction.
2) Click on the picture in the top left to enlarge it. A new window will open.
3) Right click, select "View Page Source." *If you're familiar with what you're doing, you can skip the rest of the steps and isolate your .JPG extension here.
4) Right click, select "Select All." Copy (or Ctrl + C)
5) Open a Word or other writing program. Paste (or Ctrl + V)
6) Type Ctrl + F (or go to Edit -> Find in the drop down menu) and type JPG. This will find all the JPG extensions in the source info that you have pasted.
7) Find the first hyperlinked (blue) .JPG. Copy it and paste it in a new browser window. Other .JPG links and extensions will show other images from the auction page.
8 ) Click the Image button just above your typing box, and paste the URL: