I can see ghosts and spiritual energies. Scared me quite a few times. One of the worst was when one popped up in the backseat of my car while I was driving and I saw it in the rearview mirror. The other was when I crossed over the road to get the mail and walked back, passed a tree, and bam it was standing right there.
I'm a gay rights activist. When I was 17 I was able to go Albany and talk with the state senator about gender identity rights and equality for transgender people. I also helped run my high school Gay Straight Alliance and worked to counsel LGBT students to prevent cutting and suicide.
- I can't swim, ride a bike or drive, but I can ride a horse.
- I'm afraid of heights, deep water, insects and spiders, and closed spaces.
- I have Marfan Syndrome which makes my fingers partly double-jointed (and other less cool things).
- I can't even see the computer screen without my glasses.
- I am an aromantic asexual but I have a strong support of rights of LGBT community and want to help get equal right for all.
- I think of myself more as a kid then adult.
- I have Asperger and I don't get out much I tend to only socialize with some friends and family. The internet opened up a lot for me so it help.
-I HATE HATE being touched by anyone that I don't know or trust. I also HATE HATE being call by my last name by anyone.
- I really hate the color Yellow
-I hate grape jelly but I love grapes
-Sunny days make me sad rainy days and cloudy days make me happy
- I can Mimic quite a few animal sounds my best being a horse but I can do others.
- I like small spaces open areas make me nervous
- when I am interested in something I am totally vested in it till my interest shift but I always come back to the old interest at some pont
- I am empathic a little and believe in the paranormal. I am current the guardians of 5 spirit children in doll vessels. I love them a lot.
- My house is haunted by good spirits
- I love studying about all types of religions and practices. I don't conform to one type of thing to another and I respect the ones that don't beilve in higher powers. You can believe how you want life is short and not worth fighting over such thing,
- I have a small bucket list on top is meeting a real life nun. Iono why but I love love nuns and rosary and catholic imagery.
ok one more for a bit
- My room has been called toy r us and a little kids dream room lol.
and by all the edits I do
- I cant spell very well and tend to forget to add words sometimes LOL.
I have synesthesia. It's a neurological condition which causes secondary responses to sensory stimulation. For example, some synesthetes smell sounds. One sound, say a bell ringing- might cause them to also smell popcorn.
I see sounds. Sometimes these sounds additionally have a texture that accompanies them. For instance, when my cockatiels hit a particularly high screech, there's translucent green glass looking rods that fall before my eyes. It's distracting in a way, but this is how I perceive things. Ambulances' sirens cause a similar, less spectacular yellow display. Sometimes I see colours in splatters in accordance to what I'm seeing. Sometimes it's ribbons, or glittery poofs, or droplets... each sound has a particular event that is always the same and unique to that type of sound. Often I can see the sound before I can actually hear it.
As I child I assumed everyone saw this way and thought nothing of it until I said something to my brother Eddie and sister Cindi about the way a song looked. It was a KISS song, and it was ugly and muddy so i didn't enjoy the song. When they heard this, they decided I must never tell anyone for fear they would think I was just nuts, so I never mentioned it. I kept silent for years, until I found that it was actually a legitimate condition while getting my psychology degree. I never really discussed it ever though, because people find it so odd. Just in the past few years did I even disclose it to my partner.
Now though, I figure everyone thinks I'm nuts anyway, for completely different reasons other than seeing sounds, so I'm much more open!
-I receive Disability assistance benefits and I will for life. I have a number of health problems from minor to life threatening (Lupus tops the list) and they are all invisible. I get judged all the time and told I don't deserve the money because there is clearly nothing wrong with me because someone can't see it. And at the same time, I am not allowed to have a life or have fun according to the general public because if I am "sick enough" to need DA, then I shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING but stay home all day every day.
-I move my ears toward a sound when I am listening to something or hearing something strange in the distance.
- I sleep with stuffed animals (I'm almost 28 years old)
- I still love toys
Oh Hunniebun. People can be such jerks. My littlest sister had fibro, and everyone just thinks she's faking to get attention. It's so wrong the perceptions people have, thinking they can sit in judgement of others. Don't let them get you down. You deserve respect. And you deserve to lead the fullest life possible, with lots of fun and to heck with the idiots.
Nyah. Oh, that burns me up.
I still sleep with stuffed toys too, and I'm 48! Heh. I'll grow up after I die.
i wish i had a good answer to this! this is a common ice breaker in school, etc. but i can rarely think of anything interesting about myself... i think the most random thing about me is that collecting/my little pony is a big part of my life, but that's not random here!
- I'm an agnostic atheist, and for the longest time I was absolutely terrified to say that out loud. However I love studying religion, and am strongly convinced that nobody can or should force anyone else to believe or not to believe in anything. ...And that includes being passive-agressive about it.
- I always wear shoes inside, and go to great lengths to avoid having to take them off. On that note, it always freaks me a bit when I watch a vlog or a video review and I realize the person is barefoot (which is like, 90% of the time).
- I'm not sure what I am gender-wise. I'm guessing androgynous.
- I always get inspired at the most inopportune moments. Examples: in the dead of night, before leaving on an overnight trip, while I'm busy with something else, when I just lost access to the equipment, etc, etc, etc.
- Unless I'm very, VERY focused (e.g. in "automatic mode", you could say), it's impossible for me to multitask. The most frequent example is when I'm reading or writing and someone tries to talk to me, and I won't listen to a word. I'm told it's very annoying.
- I've been diagnosed as gifted from an early age, but due to a snidely written letter and irritated parents as a result, never got the capable support usually reserved for those situations. I've later grown to understand my, uh... giftedness(?) as sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none" thing.
- I'm a terrible cook. Not because what I cook is terrible (it's decent, I'd say), but because I'm sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
- I love articulated dolls and toys. And if a doll I'm eyeing can sit seiza-style or cross-legged (especially cross-legged), I'm usually sold.